Madden NFL 2004 PC was published by Electronic Arts under its EA SPORTS label and released in August 2003, for the PC platform modeling the NFL 2003 – 2004 football season. For this project, I was the Lead Programmer and was responsible for the entire development of this project. My duties were the scheduling and management of three engineers and one artist as well as a full engineering workload. I also coordinated our online component, which was being created by a team at EA-Canada. My engineering duties included the porting of current Madden NFL 2004 PS2/Xbox/NGC feature to the PC as well as the integration of the EA SPORTS Online component from EA-Canada. From a management perspective, the project was a great success. We passed every milestone without a single failure from Tiburon’s Quality Assurance department. It was also the first time in two years that we delivered the final product to EA’s Central Quality Control on the originally scheduled ship date as well as going through on our first pass.
Playmakers Win Championships
- New Playmaker Control – Revolutionary new feature allows you to control players off the ball. Change receiver routes pre-snap and mid-play, direct blocking down-field during a run, and more. Dual analog stick gamepad required.
- Enhanced EA Sports Online – Create and join online leagues and tournaments, or find players online fast with the EA Sports messaging system.
- New Owner Mode – Hire staff, set ticket and concession prices, and build your stadium with luxury boxes, scoreboards, and more. Keep score by tracking your team’s revenue and fan support.
- New Integrated Playcalling Presentation – Speed up the pace of the game without missing any of the on-field action. An all-new interface allows you to call plays while watching in-game replays, celebrations, and reactions.
- Custom Play Editor – Design your own plays from scratch or change existing plays to fit your offensive and defensive strategies.
Click to view bigger version.