I’m Jason French, a Producer and programmer whose work spans fifteen years in the video game industry, from real-time strategy games to the top-selling sports franchise, Madden NFL Football. I started my career as a programmer on the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. I’m currently living in Orlando, FL, where I’m the Producer for EA SPORTS NCAA Football.
My next game, NCAA Football 14 will be coming out July 9th, 2013. Believe me this is the best NCAA Football yet and I’m very proud of the product we have this year. This was my second year as Lead Producer on the project and I think we really addressed the complaints from the fans out there for this product. Great gameplay with the Infinity Engine 2 that has been refined from what Madden released last year. The Force Impact system allows you to see physic impulses applied when you truck through the line or plunge for that first down. The Option Game is the most fun it has been in years. If you were intimidated by the Option in the past, we call out which defensive players you should be watching in order to make the right decision. It takes some practice, but once you get it, it’s a lot of fun. We’ve created new and overhauled a ton of sequences between plays so that the game looks fresh and new. There’s a pre-game “music video” so that the tradition run-outs that you used to button through all the time, are presented quickly and differently. There’s a new halftime show with Rece Davis and David Pollack that’s entertaining and you don’t want to button through so that you can hear what they say about your in-game performance. I’m also proud that we have added Ultimate Team. I was the Development Director when we brought Ultimate Team to Madden, so I was pushing it hard for NCAA Football. Once we figured out that the NFLPA was the best way to go for a bulk of the players, it all fell into place. With the addition of Head-to-Head Seasons in there, it’s going to be a lot of fun. Finally, there’s Dynasty. However, that hasn’t been announced yet, so I can’t say anything yet. Come back for more information later.
- Managing the development of NCAA Football.
- jasonfrench.org, a personal blog about the game industry and programming.
- @jasonfrench on Twitter, personal microblog.
- We start announcing features for NCAA Football. Go to the EA Sports NCAA Football 14 News Page for all the latest information.
- The NCAA Football 14 cover vote is down to eight schools. Unfortunately Texas isn’t one of those schools. Go to Facebook to vote for who should be on the next cover!
- The cover vote for NCAA Football 14 has started! Go to Facebook to participate.
- Visit to Atlanta to talk to the CLC about NCAA Football.
- Uniform Store opens up in NCAA Football 13.
- Title Update #2 released for NCAA Football 13.
- NCAA Football 13 released!
- Title Update plans blog released.
- NCAA Football 13 Demo released!
- Attend CLC Symposium where NCAA Football is awarded 20th Anniversary trophy.
To see a list of the games I’ve worked on visit my Games Page.
You can use the following form to send me an email.