I’m Jason French, a Development Director, Producer, and programmer whose work spans fifteen years in the video game industry. I’m currently the Development Director on Madden NFL for the iOS and Android at EA SPORTS. I’ve been an employee of EA for eleven years working on Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football. Early in my career I worked for Atomic Games on the critically acclaimed Close Combat series of games. I live in sunny Orlando, Florida, by way of Houston, Texas. You can send me an email from my Google+ account.
My latest game, NCAA Football 14 came out on July 9th, 2013. Believe me this is the best NCAA Football yet and I’m very proud of the product we have this year. This was my second year as Lead Producer on the project and I think we really addressed the complaints from the fans out there for this product. Great gameplay with the Infinity Engine 2 that has been refined from what Madden released last year. The Force Impact system allows you to see physic impulses applied when you truck through the line or plunge for that first down. The Option Game is the most fun it has been in years. If you were intimidated by the Option in the past, we call out which defensive players you should be watching in order to make the right decision. It takes some practice, but once you get it, it’s a lot of fun. We’ve created new and overhauled a ton of sequences between plays so that the game looks fresh and new. There’s a pre-game “music video” so that the tradition run-outs that you used to button through all the time, are presented quickly and differently. There’s a new halftime show with Rece Davis and David Pollack that’s entertaining and you don’t want to button through so that you can hear what they say about your in-game performance. I’m also proud that we have added Ultimate Team. I was the Development Director when we brought Ultimate Team to Madden, so I was pushing it hard for NCAA Football. Once we figured out that the NFLPA was the best way to go for a bulk of the players, it all fell into place. With the addition of Head-to-Head Seasons in there, it’s going to be a lot of fun. Finally, there’s Dynasty. The changes we made to Dynasty this year are awesome. Previously “the phone call” aspect of Recruiting was getting old and laborious. This has all been streamlined with points that you allocate to each of the players you are trying to recruit. We’ve also added an RPG element to being a coach. You can various “Coach Skills” as you move up in level. All-in-all. This is by far the best NCAA Football to date. I think it’s one of the best football games ever.
- Managing the development of Madden NFL for the iOS & Android.
- jasonfrench.org, a personal blog about the game industry and programming.
- @jasonfrench on Twitter, personal microblog.
- NCAA Football 14 Released!
- Moved over to Madden NFL 25 for mobile platforms.
- The details on Dynasty are revealed.
- We start announcing features for NCAA Football. Go to the EA Sports NCAA Football 14 News Page for all the latest information.
- The NCAA Football 14 cover vote is down to eight schools. Unfortunately Texas isn’t one of those schools. Go to Facebook to vote for who should be on the next cover!
- The cover vote for NCAA Football 14 has started! Go to Facebook to participate.
To see a list of the games I’ve worked on visit my Games Page.